The Dock Of The Bay

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hairdresser's

Some days ago a flyer reached my hands. But I found it very curious. I didn't know there were places like the one advertised on the flyer here, in Barcelona.
The flyer told you could speak English with the hairdresser while you had your hair cut. It is a hairdresser's in which you can improve your spoken English, and it is very funny!
I don't know if I will go to these hairdresser's, but for sure I will pass by there to look around.
It is good to find places or things or situations we can improve our English in, and not only in our English lessons.

Time ago a friend of mine told me about a website you could practise English, and I find it very interesting. I also found a website about English with a curious way of explaining pronuntiation. Of course, watch films in English language, read English books ,talk to native English speakers and spend a period of time in an English-speaking city are very good ways to improve the language learning.

Do you know any other ways to improve our English?

7 Comments:

  • Hi!!!

    This summer I've been at this Hairdresser but I didn't know that they offer this service, the hairdresser was foreigner but she started to speak spanish and that was what I spoke.

    In my last post I've written about Bruce Lee as you did. In my post there is some links that maybe interests you. One is the intreview from the ad was taken, another is the tapescript of the interview.
    I saw the interview and it's very interesting, Bruce speaks so clear and you better see it.

    By Blogger Noa, at 8:48 AM  

  • i like so much your compositions, they are very funny!!
    i think a good idea for learning english is traveling, if you can of course, and another possibility, this one is more difficult is going to england for example for working during a year, but it's expensive ...sorry for the moemtn i haven't more ideas and time for thinking in more solutions.

    By Blogger NaCuPeNdA, at 2:48 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Ladybird, at 11:43 PM  

  • Well, I just can think we, women, will take more advantage from this experience than men, specially because we usually spend much more time at hairdreeser than men. I cannot imagine three hours of English conversation!. My mum used to go to hairdresser once every week, so, could you imagine about her English spoken level???. ;-) Well, anyway, it´s something new for me and I think it is a good proposal rather than gossip (something very typical at hairdresser).

    By Blogger Ladybird, at 11:44 PM  

  • Hi!
    Thank you for your commentary. I think Pilates is not the same that Ioga because the form of breathing is diffent and you only use the central part of your body.
    I would like to say that I bought the game "English Training" of Nintendo DS and it can be another way to improve English. Do you know what it is?

    By Blogger Pumuky's & CO., at 5:53 AM  

  • Good job! and good advice! All in one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:45 PM  

  • Good Job! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home