The Dock Of The Bay

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Be water

Recently it is being screened on TV a commercial including a Bruce Lee interview



Viewing this commercial, films about martial arts have come to my mind.
I liked them very much when I was younger. Now I like them too, but years ago I really liked them more. I remember there were a lot of films about it, like Karate Kid saga, which was starred by Noriyuki Morita. These years this kind of films were in fashion, there were a lot of them to choose between, Chuck Norris', Jean Claude Van Damme's, and several movies whose main characters were kids who knew martial arts. Martial arts TV series appeared too, like Kung Fu, with David Carradine.

Bruce Lee became a very popular celebrity, above all because of his early and strange death, also because in USA, people used to watch boxing battles, but not martial art battles.
Bruce Lee not only was a martial artist, but a philosopher (he studied in Washington University, in Seattle) and became an actor. 'Fist of Fury', 'Way of the Dragon' and 'Enter the Dragon' were his most famous films, 'Enter the Dragon' was screened after he died and was very succesful.
Bruce Lee has been considered one of the strongest men, he was very strong but very agile too, he could knock down a person who was twice his weight with a lateral kick. He even created his own style, called 'Jeet Kune Do'.
Unluckily, when he was 32, he died.

I like martial arts very much, not only because of the art but the philosophy it holds.

Nowadays, maybe Jackie Chan's films are a rebirth in martial arts films fashion again.

6 Comments:

  • Interesting post. I actually don't like Bruce Lee as an actor, but I look up to him as a martial artist, his acrobatics are overstanding. I like the commercial, but it would be better without the car. I didn't know that he studied philosophy.

    See the combat beetwen Chuck Norris and bruce lee

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v8PuaBkNoo

    Enjoy.


    Eddie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 AM  

  • Hi ! Thanks to write comments in my blog.
    Your post is very interesting. Did you ever have practise it?

    By Blogger Draco, at 8:11 AM  

  • hi!!!!!!!!1 i'm nacupenda thanks for write in my blog i would say that i have listen to 2pac i love his song of the CD parental advisor ghetto gospel it's really nice

    By Blogger NaCuPeNdA, at 9:25 AM  

  • My brother liked a lot Bruce Lee´s film. He used to go to the cinema with his friends to see those movies and, after the film all of them were doing kung fu positions and kicking everybody like a karate warrior. I like Chinese cinema but not that kind of films. Talking about martial arts’ films, I prefer films like “Hero”, “House of flying daggers” or “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”.

    By Blogger Ladybird, at 2:27 PM  

  • Interesting! I did not know he studied in the same University as I did!

    Have a careful look at your mistakes.

    You say
    -it is being screened on the TV
    -it has taken to my mind the films about martial arts.
    -which starred in Noriyuki Morita.
    -That years this kind of films...
    - and several movies which the main characters were kids
    -his early and strange dead, also due to in USA, people were used to watch boxing battles, but not martial art battles.
    -one of the stronger men,
    -he could knock down a person who twice his weight
    -I like very much martial arts
    -Nowadays, maybe Jackie Chan's films have got a bit in fashion martial arts films again.

    You should say:
    -it is being screened on TV
    -films about martial arts have come to my mind.
    -which was starred by Noriyuki Morita.
    -These years, this kind of films...
    - and several movies whose main characters were kids
    -his early and strange death, also because in USA, people used to watch boxing battles, but not martial art battles.
    -one of the strongest men,
    -he could knock down a person who was twice his weight
    -I like martial arts very much.
    -Nowadays, maybe Jackie Chan's films are a rebirth in martial arts films fashion again.

    Please, notice the differences and correct your text. Thanks,

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:49 AM  

  • Thank you for your corrections virginia.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home